Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Student Review)


 *Reviewed by Aaliyah A. 

“Hallows not horcruxes.” This is a very good point of Harry Potter’s. In J.K. Rowling’s series finale of the amazing Harry Potter series, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is by far one of the best.  This book is about Harry Potter’s adventure in trying to find and destroy the horcruxes of Voldemort. He is accompanied by his two best friends, Hermione Granger and Ronald (Ron) Weasley. In this book Harry does not have the immediate help of his biggest role model Albus Dumbledore, because in the previous book of the series Professor Dumbledore was killed, yet he does have some help from things that he remembers about Dumbledore and hints and items Dumbledore gave Harry. For example, Ron was given one of Dumbledore’s own inventions, called a Deluminator, that has a secret ability that Ron learns about when he needed that ability.  Also, Dumbledore gave Ms. Hermione Granger an original copy of The Tales of Beedle the Bard, which she had to translate, which led them to a very important discovery. Lastly he gave Mr. Potter a golden snitch with an engraving that stated “ I open at the close”. Although he did not figure exactly what Dumbledore meant by this message, he found out at the exact right time.
As for my opinion on this book, I thought it was the best book out of the series. Rowling is a very gifted writer who has shared her gift with the world through the makings of Harry Potter. I became attached with many of the characters in a very special way, and in some places I felt as if I was going through what Rowling was explaining myself, she is a very powerful writer. I don’t want to spoil anything for someone who has not read this book but there were many places where I had to set my book down and just cry because I felt so bad for the characters. If you have read the Harry Potter series but have not read this final book of the series I can not stress enough that you will not regret reading this breath taking miracle of a book. So I leave you with a few very important words, “nitwit, blubber, oddment, and tweak.” Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment